16 February, 2019

Analyze Your Thoughts

Welcome,

Many of our thoughts do not serve us. This is because many of our thoughts are negative. They may not seem negative while we are thinking; however, if you put yourself down without realizing you are doing so, you will realize it when you experience the negative outcome. When you create a goal and notice you are close but haven't reached it in your timing and give up, you have created the reason why you did not reach the goal. When you make a promise you cannot keep because you didn't put enough thought into the reality of the outcome, you again, created a negative outcome.

Thinking back at a time a short time ago when I had a gig and was thinking about what I should wear and thinking, I won't fit in, I can tell you now that that was a thought that made me step back from myself and question why I thought that. There is no fitting in. I asked myself why I was thinking what I was thinking and self said "I want to be accepted." Then I thought, how terrible a thought. I have been preaching for years how we should disconnect and be more aware of the media's prescriptions for beauty, which is garbage. All I have to focus on is talent, honor, dignity, integrity and morality. In the 80's I did not have another female DJ to make a fashion statement as to how female DJs dressed and acted. I was that statement, because it was just me. It was't until the 90s that I heard about another female DJ and she was in California. I would not have changed a thing anyway. I never dressed totally like a female or a male. I am certainly not going to let the many half-naked female DJs make a fashion statement for me today. I listen to you for your particular talent, not your clothes. So, it is important to catch and analyze the thoughts that will wind up creating a negative outcome.

Nip it in the bud. Negative thoughts grow and give birth to negative outcomes. Simply take that thought and question why you feel that way. As you become aware of your thought patterns and change them, it becomes a habit to think different thought and you will find yourselves analyzing your thought less.

No comments:

Post a Comment